Thursday, April 23, 2009

Seaweed wraps


This is one of my all-time favorite healthy meals. It's so easy to make and so good for you.

My photo here doesn't do it justice; because of my pregnancy, I'm not eating sprouts (I read that I shouldn't - don't ask my why), and I was out of cucumber. Those are two of my favorite things to include in these.

Try them with your favorite ingredients. I will list some options below the recipe.

On a sad note: That lucky morel never made it into our bellies. We just ran out of time to decide what to do with it. When we find more -- though we've scoured our area and haven't come up with any yet! -- I will post recipes, I promise.


Seaweed wraps

sheets of dried seaweed

water-packed, extra firm tofu, drained

red bell peper

broccoli sprouts

carrot

avocado

wasabi paste (I put mine on the side, in the soy sauce)

cucumber, peeled and seeded

a 2-egg omelet, with a little sugar sprinkled on top while still hot

1.) Make sure all wrap add-ins are cut into long, thin slices.

2.) Arrange any mixture of them in the middle of a seaweed sheet.

3.) Wet your hands a little before rolling the sheet into a handroll. Cut wrap in half.

4.) Serve with soy sauce for dipping.


Other wrap add-ins:

crushed peanuts

steamed and cooled sweet potato slices

yellow bell pepper

cream cheese

smoked salmon

imitation crab meat

spinach
lettuce

green onions
rice


Coming up: Turnips stuffed with spinach and parmesan.

No comments: